Not often will I cross on the chance to take pleasure in corn chowder throughout the months of August. Candy corn is especially good on this space. You possibly can even discover it at roadside stands for below a greenback per husk.
This recipe from Half-Baked Harvest popped up on my Instagram feed (thanks for truly getting the algorithm proper, Meta) and I instantly obtained cooking. The recipe has you puree half of the soup to get a brilliant creamy texture. I’ve already made it twice this month and it’s been a crowd-pleaser for positive!
If you wish to add a bit one thing further to the meal, I counsel pairing this scrumptious chowder with a baked potato bar! I are likely to prepare dinner potatoes in my Immediate Pot. The cooking time is determined by the scale—for a medium potato, I prepare dinner for fourteen minutes on excessive after which permit a pure launch of stress. I wish to serve them with toppings like bitter cream, bacon, and cheese, however you possibly can in fact combine up the toppings based on your preferences.
Creamy Corn Chowder With Bacon and Zucchini
From Half-Baked Harvest
- 5 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, chopped (about 2 cups chopped)
- 5 cups yellow corn kernels (from about 4 ears corn)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons recent thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- purple pepper flakes, to your style
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups chopped)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cups hen broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used Zab’s sizzling honey!)
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Head to Half-Baked Harvest for the complete recipe instructions!
Editor’s Be aware: This text accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. Wit & Delight makes use of affiliate hyperlinks as a income to fund operations of the enterprise and to be much less depending on branded content material. Wit & Delight stands behind all product suggestions. Nonetheless have questions on these hyperlinks or our course of? Be happy to e-mail us.
Kate is at the moment studying to play the Ukulele, a lot to the despair of her husband, children, and canines. Comply with her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.