Joyful Thursday, pals!! I simply had WAY an excessive amount of enjoyable on Instagram Stay being a DIY-er and making my very own candles!
Undecided should you’re like me, however I’ve an….concern….with candles. I purchase too many and my husband’s like, ummm we nonetheless have 25 to get via? And I say, “BUTTTTTTT this one smells so good!”
Sooner or later, after ending a yogurt, I appeared on the cute little glass jar it was in and felt dangerous throwing it away.
I believed, hm, I might use this for one thing?
I noticed I had all of my Now Meals important oils and thought, I might make candles!! And I swear, if I can do that, YOU CAN TOO!
Here’s what you have to:
- Soy Wax Flakes – I discovered on Amazon for $40.
- In the event you watched my IG stay this morning, you will notice that I acquired a ten lb BUCKET! LOL. To me, it was value it, as a result of it additionally consists of the wicks & the wick holders so that you’ll have every little thing you want for the standard worth of two or so candles!
2. Now Meals Important Oils
I used these as a result of the soy flakes solely got here with 3 wick holders and I made greater than 3 candles.
4. Jars of any form!
Mason jars or used yogurt jars are all the time nice.
- Use your jar that you will use for the candles and double that quantity of soy flakes. I took 1 of my glass containers and crammed it up TWICE and that’s the quantity you want for 1 candle.
- I mainly used a 4 cup glass measuring cup and crammed it to the highest earlier than melting.
- Put the flakes into the microwave within the glass container and microwave for 4 minutes.
- This period of time was good to soften the flakes down with out being too scorching. You need the liquid to be fully melted (mainly appears like melted butter).
- You too can do a double boiler technique to convey the flakes to soften.
- Add 100-200 drops of important oils. That is what I discovered on most web sites and actually, I don’t assume you possibly can go fallacious.
Like I mentioned, I’m only a DIY-er over right here making an attempt issues out! I discovered that I’d add oils, scent the wax, and proceed including till the scent was the place I needed it to be.
7. Use your wicks and the stickers to connect the wicks to the underside of the glass jar.
8. Ensure that they’re pressed down firmly to the underside earlier than utilizing the wick holder to string the wick via tightly.
9. Pour your melted wax into the glass containers, ensuring that the wick is being held up via the middle of the candle.
10. Let the candles sit for twenty-four hours + till fully arrange.
11. Mild and revel in!!!
You possibly can see how I used the garments pins right here for an additional different to the wick holders that come within the equipment.
I used a mix of orange, vanilla, clove, & cinnamon and these ones and so they smelt so good! Not too overwhelming however sufficient scent to really feel tremendous cozy.
Reminder, I’m not a pro-candle maker right here, however that is the way in which I did DIY for these and so they turned out nice!
Ensure that to move on over to Now Meals for all your wants! Dietary supplements, snacks, oils, important oils, physique merchandise, and extra! We use a NOW product in each room of our home, for actual.
Use code “KASEY” for 20% off your order!!
As all the time, thanks NOW for sponsoring this put up & permitting my loopy & inventive self to play along with your merchandise!
Be true to you,