Jekyll Island is probably the most charming, hidden gem tucked alongside the Florida-Georgia line [I’ve heard great music comes out of the area 😉 ]! We — Claire right here! — traveled to Jekyll Island for the primary time earlier this Spring and booked one other journey again this Summer season as a result of we fell in love! Right here’s what we love about it…
It’s not overly crowded or touristy [not a single high-rise condo in sight!] which we love! It’s a quiet, sluggish paced neighborhood and if you happen to love getting from Level A to Level B by bike or golf cart, you’ll match proper in! Enjoyable Reality: the island is definitely a Georgia State Park, so it’s very minimally developed. And by regulation, 65% of the island is and can stay in a principally pure state (together with parks and picnic areas). Did I persuade you but?! Pack your luggage, buddies – right here’s every thing it’s worthwhile to learn about visiting Jekyll Island, Georgia!
Close by Airports:
- Savannah/Hilton Head Worldwide Airport
- Jacksonville Worldwide Airport – We fly into Jacksonville and hire a automotive. It’s solely about an hour from the island & an excellent simple drive!
- Jekyll Island Airport (Non-public)
Locations to Keep:
- Dawn Grille
- The Pantry
- The Courtyard & Westin Lodges each have superb on-site breakfast [I promise it’s not cereal and frozen breakfast burritos! 😉 ]
Lunch & Dinner:
Go to the Seaside
- Go to the seaside – Most resorts have seaside chairs & umbrellas out there for hire! There are additionally a number of public entry factors if you happen to’re not staying someplace on the waterfront. Preserve an eye fixed out for sea turtle nests!
- Go Fishing – We cherished our expertise with Captain Griffin at Jekyll Fishing! He’ll work with you to search out the very best journey for all ages and expertise ranges! Whereas we had been out, we noticed dolphins, sharks, stingrays, and even a jellyfish!
Go to the Georgia Sea Turtle Heart
Watch the Sundown
- Watch the Sundown – Catch some dwell music and watch the sundown at The Wharf
She’s as witty as she is good, Claire is considered one of our Content material Creators and our official LIY E-book Membership aficionado. Between writing weblog posts that can make you LOL, curating questions that can get your mind turning for our subsequent ebook membership dialogue and snappin’ her female type [blush is her middle name], you’ll find her residing life on the lake with a beer in hand and a fishing pole within the different.