Tuesday, March 5, 2024
HomeFitness NewsMy Typical Coaching These Days – BionicOldGuy

My Typical Coaching These Days – BionicOldGuy

[ad_1]

I’ve been discussing performance-related actions recently, like seeing my occasions on native routes vs. the “Strava Leaderboard” for my 70-74 age group. However most of my coaching, most likely about 90%, is at a snug tempo, whereas solely the remaining 10% is greater depth. It is a typical coaching week for me recently:

“UH” means higher physique, arduous day, “LH” means decrease physique, arduous day, and E means simple restoration day. “S-” is a brief session whereas “L-” is an extended session. Due to my SI joint harm that I’m nonetheless rehabbing, all simple days and all “decrease physique days” are bike rides. Sooner or later, I’d prefer to throw some climbing into the combo. Higher physique is a warmup on my arm-cycling setup, adopted by a number of stations (chest press, row, shoulder press, pulldown) of each isometric train and single-set energy coaching, and ending with a cooldown stroll with hand weights. Decrease-body arduous days have longer intervals, shorter intervals, and a few on-bike energy coaching, with the rest being a brisk however simple regular tempo. These days, the quick rides have been round 60 minutes, whereas the longer rides fluctuate from 90 minutes to as a lot as 4 hours.

I’ve signed up for the “I Care Basic” Century in Morgan Hill on Could 13, a charity journey for the Lions membership. The final century I did took 6 hours 47 minutes, so I have to ramp up my longest journey of the week steadily to arrange. Additionally, the route has some hills in it so I have to do some extra hill climbing follow with my recumbent over the following few weeks.



[ad_2]

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments