After two years of hiatus, in-person WordCamps have returned, and September 11th of September is WordCamp US 2022. This WordCamp US (WCUS) can also be being livestreamed. In the event you miss it, you possibly can atone for the periods when they’re posted on WordCamp TV.
On this submit we will probably be recapping the occasion because it occurs. Keep tuned for updates!
We got here in from around the globe for #WCUS2022 and are so excited to study & construct! 🥳
How are you attending to #WCUS #SanDiego? Let’s share pics on this thread! ✈️ 🚘
👋: @wpmodder @nealey @courtneyr_dev @GoGinaMarie @marcusdburnette @sunsanddesign @ChrisEdwardsCE pic.twitter.com/SM515f8vsc
— GoDaddy Professional (@GoDaddyPro) September 7, 2022
What’s WordCamp and what are the advantages?
WordCamp is a meetup occasion for individuals excited about all issues WordPress. Creators and innovators from all industries and backgrounds can collectively collect and share concepts that make WordPress’s open supply software program a significantly better instrument for all to get pleasure from (aka the WordPress open supply challenge).
Whether or not you’re establishing your first portfolio web site as a contract author or growing a brand new widget as a seasoned coder, WordCamp is the place to study and uncover new alternatives via issues like:
- Networking alternatives
- Dialogue panels
- Q&A periods
You may also anticipate different enjoyable advantages like free swag, cool prizes and after-hour events as an additional bonus for attending.
How WordCamp US differs from a typical conference
At WordCamp, you gained’t discover countless rows of distributors centered on promoting their merchandise.
As an alternative, you’ll discover unofficial gatherings within the hallways between periods — often called hallway tracks — the place individuals community with each other to dish out their favourite commerce secrets and techniques and chat about key happenings inside their industries. Whereas there’s an energetic sponsors space, these manufacturers are centered on relationship constructing and being a part of the WordPress neighborhood.
Studying from WordPress contributors
One of many greatest methods WordCamp empowers attendees is thru Contributor Day. That is the place WordPress customers are gathered into totally different groups throughout the platform to debate all of the methods they contribute to the general challenge. It’s additionally an important alternative for individuals to ask questions and meet new faces from totally different industries.
Anybody can signal as much as be a contributor and is inspired to take action — regardless of your talent stage or background.
Taking WordCamp US 2022 to San Diego
This yr, WCUS headed to San Diego, California to rejoice the three-day occasions on the City and Nation Resort. Right here, friends basked within the heat climate, took in all of the sights from native seashores and chowed down on a number of the finest Mexican meals within the nation.
One of many highlights from this yr’s journey included a yacht celebration, hosted by Pagely, that set sail on the San Diego bay at evening. Company sipped on cocktails, dined on native delicacies, and danced the evening away — all whereas taking within the picturesque skyline and marina views that the town has to supply.
Meet the GoDaddy group on the bottom
As a proud supporter of the WordPress neighborhood, the GoDaddy group was keen to hitch in on the motion with over 40 representatives from numerous manufacturers throughout the firm. Listed here are a number of the notable faces you might need acknowledged from this yr’s occasions:
- Adam Warner – Director of Subject Advertising for GoDaddy
- Courtney Robertson -Net Designer & Developer Advocate for GoDaddy Professional
- Marcus Burnette – WooCommerce Specialist for GoDaddy Professional
- Sandy Edwards – Senior Advertising Supervisor for GoDaddy
- Evan Weiner – International Director & Head of Social Advertising for GoDaddy
- … and dozens extra from 4 GoDaddy manufacturers on the bottom, together with our WordPress contributors and people engaged on our WordPress choices.
WordCamp US 2022 occasion recap
In search of a breakdown of this yr’s occasions? Take a look at the stats beneath.
- Attendance: This yr’s sold-out occasion was capped to 650 tickets and was a extra intimate ambiance in comparison with the hundreds of tickets offered in prior years.
- Contributors: TBD after Contributor Day on September 11, 2022.
- Audio system: There are over 40 audio system, together with a number of from GoDaddy! Yow will discover the full checklist of audio system and schedule posted on the WCUS 2022 web site.
- Manufacturers: There are 13 media companions and 34 sponsors together with GoDaddy Professional and GoDaddy household manufacturers, Pagely and Sucuri.
- Workshops: Along with lightning periods (15 min) and common periods, there are a variety of workshops the place attendees can comply with alongside. Right here’s a number of linked from the schedule:
- Web site Accessibility Testing Workshop – Amber Hinds, Alex Stine, Friday, 1pm
- The Nexus of Design and WordPress – David Yarde, Friday, 3:15pm
- Construct Your First Block Theme – Daisy Olson, Saturday, 9:15am
- How one can Create Your Model Content material Fashion Information – Maddy Osman, Saturday, 1pm
- Making Safety Easy for Plugin and Theme Builders – Robert Rowley, Saturday, 3:15pm
We sit up for seeing attendees! Keep tuned for our recap of Day 1.